I never liked e-readers, but the Kindle app on my phone has converted me

Mar 24, 2024
I do still read physical books but, I have been using my phone for reading since the 2010s and even experimented with an r4 cart on my DS to use it as ereader. Only hard part was getting ebooks on to it in a format the ereading software would understand. Since then I have gotten a proper e paper device to use for reading when my eyes are more angry and need less light being beamed at them so, I kinda read on what's most convenient in the moment. Some books never get a physical release and some don't have easy to find ebook editions so I just kinda flex where I need to.

Oct 22, 2023
"I had to go on a computer, buy a book there and then go back to the app."

That sounds like one of tv infomercials, where the person is a klutz, but this item solves everything: my favorite is one having a lady struggling to carry a large number of items from one kitchen counter to another like juggler who drops half of the items - the solution to this crises is essentially a box, for $29.99.

"... go on a computer" - why? Did you delete the browser from your phone?

Mar 25, 2024
On the Samsung device, if you remove the Kindle app (and Audible and Prime Video for that matter) then install them throught the Samsung Galaxy store instead of Google Play, you can buy stuff through the app. Either Samsung just doesn't have the requirements of using their payments (and incurring the 30%) or Amazon has a special deal.

Last edited:
Reactions: NerillDP
Oct 22, 2023
On the Samsung device, if you remove the Kindle app (and Audible and Prime Video for that matter) then install them throught the Samsung Galaxy store instead of Google Play, you can buy stuff through the app. Either Samsung just doesn't have the requirements of using their payments (and incurring the 30%) or Amazon has a special deal.
Didn't know that. Great tip Skoros.