First, do run www.speedtest.net to check the actual internet speed of your connection. Here are some troubleshooting steps as well that may help.
- Start by running Windows Update and install the updates that are available.
- If these doesn't work do uninstall/reinstall the Wifi adapter.
- Go to Device manager and uninstall the Wifi Adapter.
- Next is to download and install the latest driver for your Wifi from the manufacturers site.
- Once installed reboot your laptop for all the changes to take effect.
- If these doesn't here are more troubleshooting steps that may help.