I own the best GPU on the planet, yet I’d rather play my Switch OLED — here’s why

Aug 8, 2023
This is kinda dumb. Move your PC out of the humid office and setup Steam with pic big picture and a controller. I guess you just like bragging about what you have and don't use?

Reactions: trigga_99
Aug 8, 2023
What a dumb article. This is like my friend bragging that he could play a weird port of Pac-Man on his Atari 2600 while I was playing Ultima on my Apple ][+.

I'm currently streaming Baldur's Gate 3 to my 85" TV with 5.1 surround sound via my Steam Deck, from my PC with an RTX 3800, sitting on my couch. With air conditioning.

And when my daughter wants to play Kirby, I don't need to pull out our Switch, I just load up Yuzu and launch it, while connecting up a PS5 controller so I can play with her. On the same big TV. On the couch. With air conditioning.

It's great that you love your switch. But what was the point on bagging on other methods of gaming?

sycoreaper

Honorable
Jan 11, 2018
Switch has no games except Nintendo exclusives.

I'm on the other end wondering why I still have a Switch with a good PC.

Now if the Switch had AX WiFi and Moonlight and AMDLink (or Sunshine) it would be a different story.

Joey121215

Prominent
Apr 17, 2022
I'm willing to bet whatever phone you have has an OLED display, install moonlight on your phone, sunshine on your PC, and my a nacon mg-x pro. If you get yuzu or ryujinx installed and transfer all your switch games to PC, I'm willing to bet you'll never touch your switch again.

Reactions: yourhuckleberry
Aug 9, 2023
I fully agree with the comments here. It’s just a matter of preference. If you like Nintendo games or low resolution / low frame rate games in a small screen that is fine but I find really hard to believe that you prefer the low quality option over the expensive one just because you can play sitting in your coach. Like the other comments say… just plug your PC to the TV in your living room and have a good time playing from your couch. That’s what I’m doing…

Reactions: yourhuckleberry

Posedatull

Prominent
Nov 22, 2021
As usual, the articles on Tom's Guide are dropping in quality with every passing week.
Now we just read a lovely clickbait article from someone bragging about having the most powerful current spec pc, and choosing not to use it for idiotic reasons.

I'm out.

Aug 9, 2023
Another tech write who doesn't seem to know a lot about tech. There are dozens of ways to stream your PC games to portable devices and that's if you don't want to just buy something like a Steamdeck or ROG Ally... which don't even need to stream the games and can emulate your Switch games too.

trigga_99

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
Sorry i come here for proper technology news you claim to love pc but have only had 4 GPUs as stated some of us here have been in this game for 25 to 30 years plus your lack of knowledge on said subject i can't take any thing this writter says seriously please stop with this, click bait stuff