I pad mini going out date?

meat pie

Honorable
May 22, 2013
I have heard that the I pad mini will soon be going out of date,If I get the normal I pad mini (Not the one with retina display). will It go out of date,and stop me from getting newer apps,and not let me update ios?

Or will I be able to use it for years?

Thanks the only other apple devise I have ever had has been,a I pod touch second gen,and it went out of gen and stoped me from updated Ios.
so i could not get new apps.

will this happen to the I pad mini?

Thanks

Solution

That's not true, my old iPhone 4 updated to iOS version 7 just fine. You shouldn't have to worry since Apple generally stands by their products for long periods of time. It's true that apps created today may struggle on older devices but the operating systems won't.

ThatVietGuy

Distinguished
Absolutely, at some point, just like every other Apple device, you will probably will not be able to update to the latest OS. The real question is when and I don't think anyone outside of Apple can give you an answer.

And this is true for almost any electronic device.

g-unit1111

Distinguished

That's not true, my old iPhone 4 updated to iOS version 7 just fine. You shouldn't have to worry since Apple generally stands by their products for long periods of time. It's true that apps created today may struggle on older devices but the operating systems won't.

Solution

g-unit1111

Distinguished

That is true, that depends on how old of a device that we're talking about. A second generation iPod touch I would think would be able to port iOS 7 since I'm guessing that it was manufactured around early 2010-ish.

ThatVietGuy

Distinguished
So, that's the point here - Apple has shown that at some point the older devices will not support the latest iOS due to demanding processing requirements and whatnot.

I'm just saying that it's a distinct possibility that the iPad mini will also follow this fate. Whether or not that is true is up to Apple and how it implements its updates, it's just their track record speaks for itself. The real problem is we can't know for sure when or if that will happen.