I replaced the battery in my asus laptop and it still won't turn on. Whwt could cause this

Status
Not open for further replies.

strejo

Prominent
May 1, 2017
My laptop wasn't charging but still worked as long as I left it plugged in. My son unplugged it and used it and I think killed the battery. I changed the battery
but it still won't turn on.

Solution
Did you replace it with an OEM battery or an aftermarket one? If aftermarket that could be your issue. They aren't always up to par.

Also, if the problem wasn't the battery but the charger cord, then this could be your problem. If the cord isn't putting out enough power to charge the battery and run the device, but is putting out enough power to only power the device, then it would need replacing.

Also, there is the possibility that it is the charging circuit that is damaged.
Did you replace it with an OEM battery or an aftermarket one? If aftermarket that could be your issue. They aren't always up to par.

Also, if the problem wasn't the battery but the charger cord, then this could be your problem. If the cord isn't putting out enough power to charge the battery and run the device, but is putting out enough power to only power the device, then it would need replacing.

Also, there is the possibility that it is the charging circuit that is damaged.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.