Question I spilled a bit of water on the right side of my laptop and keyboard but it has a cover, it works fine. Should I get worried?

Nov 10, 2020
Hello! I spilled a bit of water (like half a glass) on the right side of my notebook pc/laptop. The right side has no open socket. Except for the mouse socket that was connected when it happened. The keyboard has a cover when it spilled (THANK GOODNESS). I immediately wiped that surface and tilt it to somehow, if ever, just drain some water out. I'm worried because I don't see any problem as of now. Should I be worried? PLEASE HELP ME. My mom would be so angry.

mejustsayin

Commendable
Oct 11, 2020
not sure what you mean by a mouse socket since most mouse ports these days are usb.

you should be okay but there is always a possibility there could be problems later. when water dries, depending on how pure it is, it could leave a mineral deposit that could cause problems later. I would put it aside for a few days with the power off to make sure any water that might be left on the inside dries.

Nov 10, 2020
not sure what you mean by a mouse socket since most mouse ports these days are usb.

you should be okay but there is always a possibility there could be problems later. when water dries, depending on how pure it is, it could leave a mineral deposit that could cause problems later. I would put it aside for a few days with the power off to make sure any water that might be left on the inside dries.

Hello! Thank you for replying. I forgot to mention that it almost didn't spill A Lot on my laptop coz it spilled beside the laptop (surface of the table). It didn't really wet the keyboards coz it had a cover. But the usb socket (thank u btw) where the mouse was connected when it spilled, the mouse usb i think was a bit wet? So i quickly dried it out. I'm so sorry but im really panicking. It's been 5 hours almost already and the laptop is doing good. I'm afraid that it might not turn on some time. :(