I think I have a virus?

kroon

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
When I was looking at a video, I saw a link to a website that was shortened to bit.ly. I just go on it and exit out before the website loads (It didn't look like it was loading.). So now, I'm hearing ads that are either ads for something from Microsoft, Home Depot and ads that are in foreign languages. They are not from any other application of mine, I checked. I am doing a virus scan, and the quick scan in avast! says there are no threats found. Can someone please tell me what is wrong?

Here is the link I clicked on: bit.ly\16AE801 (I tried using longurl to find out the real url, but it didnt come up with any website.

USAFRet

Illustrious
When I was looking at a video, I saw a link to a website that was shortened to bit.ly. I just go on it and exit out before the website loads (It didn't look like it was loading.). So now, I'm hearing ads that are either ads for something from Microsoft, Home Depot and ads that are in foreign languages.

Yes, you do have a virus. Fix that.

kroon

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
I ran the full scan on Avast! and it came out with no threats, but it said it could not scan some files (Registry errors) and I used Malwarebytes and it found 2 PUP's named Crossrider. After restarting my computer, the ads don't play anymore, but I don't know if I still have it.

TRENDING THREADS