I think I have water in my laptop screen, how do i fix it?

ChristerJ

Estimable
Jul 7, 2014
Hey guys, spilled some water from a bottle in my bag. Then my school pc got a little soaked.. Now i have issues with my screen.
Here's a link to Onedrive for three photos of my screen now. https://1drv.ms/f/s!AkkXoWA0MVkg0HaxU0oYfWA3QgjI (copy and paste the whole link, sorry for my low tech solutions hehe)
It's a Lenovo L450 Thinkpad with a 1080p matte LCD screen, if thats for any help.
So the lower right part of my screen got affected by the water. I'm not clearly sure what the problem is. Either the water has damaged the backlight strip, or it has entered the layers of film that lay upon the LCD screen, or even both. What I think is weird, is that the water could only have been in the lower right part, but on the screen it looks like the effect has spread all over (you can see the weird spread pattern of the "water cloud" and the bright area of the screen).

As I am writing this, I think the water has also affected the screen connection to the pc itself. I repeatedly switches between FHD 16:9 ratio, and a low res 4:3 ration.

How can I fix this? I am glad the laptop is still alive, but i don't think I can stand this screen for another two years. Can i try to dry the films on the LCD screen, or will have to switch it? If so, please give me a link to where I can buy it.

Solution
could just wait a while see if it gets any better or any worse

to replace the lcd i use ebay sometimes can get lucky and find the same laptop for spares or repair with a working screen cheaper than buying the screen

if not i just buy the screen with out the surround/bezel

but given its a school laptop if you take it apart and screw it up you could be worse of than you are now

ChristerJ

Estimable
Jul 7, 2014

Oh I'm so sorry, didn't check it when I was done writing. You should see the whole link now, just copy and paste :)

ChristerJ

Estimable
Jul 7, 2014

Just edited and posted the whole link. Copy and paste it, include the whole extension.

mcnumpty23

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
could just wait a while see if it gets any better or any worse

to replace the lcd i use ebay sometimes can get lucky and find the same laptop for spares or repair with a working screen cheaper than buying the screen

if not i just buy the screen with out the surround/bezel

but given its a school laptop if you take it apart and screw it up you could be worse of than you are now

Solution

Reuven-1952

Commendable
Dec 28, 2016

A small amount of water (mayby 2 drops), fell on my keyboard. Day after I turned on my Lenovo laptop and this is what I saw (see picture)
- http://i64.tinypic.com/hrhc8l.jpg
Now ifrom Lenovo Lab they told me the the LCD is fructured. Is it possible at all? How 2 dropes of water falling on the keyboard resulted in fructured LCD?
I will be glad to have your comments.
Reuven Lavie

mcnumpty23

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
this is a 4 month old solved post you would be better off starting a new thread with your question

but to answer you any way i dont see how 2 drops of water on the key board would cause that it looks more like impact damage from your picture

That's a cracked screen from a drop or a hit, not from water.