I think my laptop is just... dying...

Iwillnot

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013
Hey people. So, I think my laptop is dying. OK, these are my reasons:
~I just opened Google Chrome and it said "Error!". I had to open it twice.
~My battery is now between 0,5-1h.
~It shutdowns by itself. I don't think it could be malware (because when I re-boot it, it says Windows had an error. That means it was not supposed to be shut downed true?) or sth, neither the battery (it was at 40%). It happened me today twice while talking on skype and once playing a game. I think that it overheats... So I think that the processor or motherboard or whatever is... dying.
~My laptop is 2-4 years old. I think it is 3...
~I think it is not needed to say but I don't have any toolbar or silly program. I only have games, skype and some other programs.

What do you, people, think? Is 3 years the normal time for a laptop to die?

However, I already was guessing this since 1-3 months ago, when it started to have a bad battery time...

Thanks.

laviniuc

Honorable
Nov 29, 2013
check your temperatures with hwmonitor or coretemp. sometimes if it overheats you can just get a cooling pad to keep it on and you'll be in good shape. what you're describing thou sounds like a battery problem... if the same doesn't happen of you keep it plugged in it's definitely the battery at fault.

Iwillnot

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013
I'd like to point now that the Chrome Explorer takes 15 seconds to load. And some minutes ago, the windows explorer (of folders) and chrome took me minutes to load. The weird thing is that when I press the "Internet" key I have (to turn on/off Internet and bluetooh) it suddenly opens...

laviniuc

Honorable
Nov 29, 2013
could be also the hdd failing. check with crystal disk info (smart values) or hdtune. or even the windows check disk can find errors.

but the internet off sounds to me like you have a virus of some sort... check with any antivir program, even microsoft security essentials would do...

Iwillnot

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013

I thought that, too. But the weird thing is that when I turn from OFF to ON the Internet, it happens as well...

Iwillnot

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013
*Edit, edit* So yes, as Laviniu just said above, I'm starting to think it's the battery... It shutdowned AGAIN... And I tried to re-boot it two times. Didn't work because it worked but then shutdowned 2-5 secs later. Then I tried with the AC Adapter plugged in. Worked. Though the battery was at 20-30%...