I think my pc is screwed

Penilerealignment

Estimable
Sep 23, 2015
Hey all, so as of today my chrome was acting very weird. I was having the pages redirect to some scam sites and many popups, even with ad block pro. Then, when i restart my computer, i hear a voice saying "Call this number blah blah blah". im having many of these pop ups all at once.. but most of them are solved with the help of malwarebytes. in total it had detected 400 something items and ive quarentined and deleted all of them. But there is still one problem thats really bother me. I get this pop up saying "Nine Has stopped working blah blah". Its constantly popping up and really bothering me. How should i remove this. thanks

Solution
Boot your system into Safe Mode and run Malwarebytes again. Delete everything identified, as you did before.

Also, check your browser plug-ins/add-ons to see if anything was added. If so, remove those "features". Also, check your homepage settings in your browsers and clear all of your caches/history.

Good luck.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Boot your system into Safe Mode and run Malwarebytes again. Delete everything identified, as you did before.

Also, check your browser plug-ins/add-ons to see if anything was added. If so, remove those "features". Also, check your homepage settings in your browsers and clear all of your caches/history.

Good luck.

Solution

mbarnes86

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Hi

It should be possible to reset Chrome, ( ie and firefox can be reset )
To remove all plugins and addons

Try a few other anti malware utilities
Super antispyware
Adwrcleaner

Give up with chrome and try firefox if nothing gets rid of the popups

Try creating a new limited user account for browsing the internet in the future as it is harder for malware to infect all users from a limited user account

If the popups affect all browsers on all accounts you may have to re install windows

What anti virus software are you using?

Regards
Mike Barnes