Estimable
Jul 4, 2014
Heio!

SO, i got a new laptop, the Acer E5-551G-84TS. Here are the specs:

CPU: AMD A8-7100
GPU: R7 M265
8GB DDR3 RAM
1TB HDD

I think the system is underperforming. It is plugged in, but the performance is pretty bad. Rocket League plays at 25fps with everything set to minimum. I don't think this kind of performance is expected.

The CPU has TurboCore technology, but how do I check if its working properly? Maybe its not boosting when it needs to?

The video card is one hell of an headache. I updated the drivers trough the AMD site by uninstaling the current drivers and downloading the latest version. Yet when I use the new AMD Crimson thingy, its tells me that the 1st display (the only one) Is using the integrated card, an R5. Could this be it?

On my main PC i have a Nvidea card, so I can't navigate the AMD menus at all. My questions can be TLDR'ed into:

- Is my system performing properly?
- Is turbo core functioning properly?
- Is the graphics card functioning normally?

Any answer would be appreciated, even links to drivers, since I am not too sure If I got the right ones or uninstantiated them properly.

Thanks for the help, and If you need any more info, I will be happy to provide

Solution
To check if the laptop is throttling, use hwmonitor. Run the game to start with and run hwmonitor. Play the game and then see what it record and report back.
MSI Afterburner, or any other program that shows CPU and GPU utilization, should be able to tell you how the chips are performing. This could be a driver issue, assuming the hardware can handle the game. Try downloading and running said program, or another one of your choosing, and have the program up and running while you run your game. If you see the utilization well below 100%, try updating or reinstalling the drivers.

Which OS are you running (Windows 7, 8, or 10)?

Viper8797

Estimable
Jul 4, 2014

Windows 10, sorry I forgot to mention.

How can I see the performance window with the game one at the same time? ALt Tabbing probably interferes as the CPU throttles down