I thought PlayStation Portal was pointless — here’s why I was wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 20, 2023
Having read the article, I am still unclear as to why you changed your mind. The only conclusion I came to was that this is a total fluff piece.

So you liked how it looked and you liked that it was "weighty" and this caused you to do a "180" on it?

Or was it the part where you said you could play while your partner was on Netflix? Something you admit you don't need because you have complete control of that TV?

I'm sure it wasn't the part where you said multiplayer kept failing.

So... You never actually justified why you changed your mind. You also don't really justify anyone else spending their money on this. For that matter, you totally bail on the recommendation and just point to your colleagues issues.

So with all that said, why did you even bother writing this article?

Jun 7, 2023
Having read the article, I am still unclear as to why you changed your mind. The only conclusion I came to was that this is a total fluff piece.

So you liked how it looked and you liked that it was "weighty" and this caused you to do a "180" on it?

Or was it the part where you said you could play while your partner was on Netflix? Something you admit you don't need because you have complete control of that TV?

So... You never actually justified why you changed your mind. You also don't really justify anyone else spending their money on this. For that matter, you totally bail on the recommendation and just point to your colleagues issues.

Bingo, to be honest this just reads like either a fanboy piece, or a Sony paid article. Literally nothing in it is convincing for why "it's a must have accessory." Especially at $200!!

Reactions: GigasF7
Nov 20, 2023
Bingo, to be honest this just reads like either a fanboy piece, or a Sony paid article. Literally nothing in it is convincing for why "it's a must have accessory." Especially at $200!!
Paid article was my thoughts as well. But if it is, I would guess Sony wouldn't be very happy as he spends so much of it talking about the problems and then shying away from actual recommending it.

This article literally serves no purpose. It doesn't give any information that wasn't already known. It doesn't help anyone make an educated decision regarding their own purchase. And even as an anecdotal article, it doesn't stand up to it's own premise.

"I have done a complete 180 on how I feel, so read this article to find out why"

*Reads article*

So.... "Just because" was your reasoning. Thanks for wasting my time

Last edited:

cirdecus

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2008
Paid article was my thoughts as well. But if it is, I would've be very happy as Sony when he spends so much of it talking about the problems and then shying away from actual recommending it.

This article literally serves no purpose. It doesn't give any information that wasn't already known. It doesn't help anyone make an educated decision regarding their own purchase. And even as an anecdotal article, it doesn't stand up to it's own premise.

"I have done a complete 180 on how I feel, so read this article to find out why"

*Reads article*

So.... "Just because" was your reasoning. Thanks for wasting my time
Completely agree, this is another reason why it's hard to trust Toms Guide. The first reason he gives is that it looks pretty! Are you kidding me? Most families that can afford a $200 couch-only accessory have kids with TV's in their rooms. Hell the TV's cost less than this thing

Nov 20, 2023

Glad I wasn't the only one to think that. My immediate thought was "oh, looks like direct deposit hit". I convinced a buddy of mine to spring an extra 100 for a Logitech g cloud.

Status
Not open for further replies.