I tried everything to have my RCA Viking pro back open completely. It turns on but for hours in has the beginning " Viking Pro

Apr 29, 2018
My Pro Viking works well charging, touching as well as turning on or off. However, once it starts in slides on "Viking Pro" only. It will sit in that area for hours only. Why?

Try starting up in "Safe Mode" and see if it will load. If it does, while you will have limited access, you will then know there is something on the device causing the problem. Bad app, bad update, virus, malware, etc. Once you remove the issue then you can start the tablet out of "Safe Mode". Now if it won't even start up in "Safe Mode" then you may have to consider either a "Hard Reset" of the device, or have it looked at for hardware issues.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Apr 29, 2018
It did not go through and I tried every possible solution. My tablet stays on " Viking Pro" only. I have read and followed all of the types of chances. For some reason my tablet will not even start from scratch. I will call RCA tomorrow. Thanks for you help.

Oct 15, 2018
I'm having the same problem . I can't get it to boot in safe mode.. It gets to the viking pro screen It will stay there forever .Have done the factory reset . Please let me know if u have found a fix . [don't post your email address on the forum] Thank You