I tried to hook my surround sound to my tv via av cables but it won't connect i was told i need a optical cable in order for i

Duwan_

Prominent
May 16, 2017
I have a Samsung smart tv and im trying to connect my rca surround sound to it i tried with av cables but it dont work i was told i needed optical cables in order for it to work is that correct

robert600

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012

yes if you want to transfer surround sound from your tv to your rca ... you will need to use a digital connection. This is often done with an optical (TOSLINK) cable ... but only if your tv has digital audio out and your rca has digital audio in.

robert600

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012

yes if you want to transfer surround sound from your tv to your rca ... you will need to use a digital connection. This is often done with an optical (TOSLINK) cable ... but only if your tv has digital audio out and your rca has digital audio in.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V Streaming Video & TVs 3
T Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
W Streaming Video & TVs 2
E Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 2
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
P Streaming Video & TVs 2
J Streaming Video & TVs 2
N Streaming Video & TVs 2
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
P Streaming Video & TVs 1
N Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 4
5 Streaming Video & TVs 3
S Streaming Video & TVs 2
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 4
G Streaming Video & TVs 1
Similar threads
How do I get 5.1 surround from my BRripped 5.1/7.1 movies that I have in my laptop to home theater with and TV?
My Samsung smart tv won't play through my LG lg427 surround sound... It plays only for DVD but not cable.What can I do to fix?
how do i hook an lg tv an lg surround system an lg sound bar and a cable box
surround sound problem
How to properly install surround sound from tv decoder?
I have a RCA Flat screen and Toshiba DVD player and surround sound box and the cable with red, yellow,& white plug ins on bot
I do not have an optical cable outlet on my tv so I'm not sure how to get my surround sound set up with firestick. HDMI 1 cabl
Need to hook up new logitech z506 surround sound system to my Toshiba TV (model No. 40e200U1). Have tried RCA cable and optica
I can't get my surround sound to work with the fire stick, the surround sound works with the cable, but I can't get it
How do I connect cable box, blu ray player/surround sound and smart tv?
Help connecting older surround sound to cable box with no hdmi cord
I have to connect my TV to my cisco cable box with YBR (don't ask). I have an older Sony Surround Sound home theater system, b
Need to hook up tv, TiVo cable box, DVD player, bluray player with surround sound system
help with old surround sound optical cable setup
How to connect surround sound using optical cable. My tv and reciever only have optical output. How can I do this without an o
how to connect my surround sound through my cable box to my tv
How to connect Samsung phone to TV/Surround sound system through charging cable?
I have a new 65" Sony smart tv. Sony surround sound and the cable box. HDMI hooked from cable box to tv. Another hdmi from sur
Have older DVD recorder and surround sound. No hdmi connection. How do I hook them up to my cable box and had tv?
I have dish cable and bluray and surround sound

ASK THE COMMUNITY