I want to connect my laptop to tv using VGA cable but can't see anything on tv when in PC mode.

woodheadalim

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016
Hi. I have a lenovo laptop and want to play a tv programe to show on the tv screen. I have a VGA cable for PC and TV. Have followed instructions and have tv in PC mode but it won't pick up the laptop. Any suggestions? There is no HDMI port on the laptop.

Check the owners manual of the TV to see what screen resolution your TV will accept through the VGA input. It may be different than the native resolution of the TV
The screen resolution of your laptop may be higher so set the VGA as a second or extended rather than a mirrored display. Then you can change the resolution to suit the TV without changing the resolution for the built in display.
If you want sound to come from the TV speakers you will need an additional audio cable.

Check the owners manual of the TV to see what screen resolution your TV will accept through the VGA input. It may be different than the native resolution of the TV
The screen resolution of your laptop may be higher so set the VGA as a second or extended rather than a mirrored display. Then you can change the resolution to suit the TV without changing the resolution for the built in display.
If you want sound to come from the TV speakers you will need an additional audio cable.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Streaming Video & TVs 2
M Streaming Video & TVs 2
T Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 3
T Streaming Video & TVs 3
R Streaming Video & TVs 2
S Streaming Video & TVs 3
B Streaming Video & TVs 2
F Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 2
P Streaming Video & TVs 1