i want to connect my pc and my google home device using Bluetooth to the same old stereo system.

Apr 26, 2018
i have an old stereo system with connections to my right and left speaker,
ch1 to the left speaker and ch2 to the right, i am trying to find a way to split the connection so i can keep my system connected to the pc while at the same time connecting it to google home mini using bluetooth, which means i also need a bluetooth device that will have two inputs that could connect to the splitter.
pls help mates.
image of similar system: https://ibb.co/erOPuH

Solution
You will need two bluetooth receivers. I would get two brands just to be sure they don't interfere with each other. You want low latency AptX receivers.
Since your Naim Nait3 has only one RCA input (the others are DIN) you can connect one to the RCA input directly. The other would need an stereo RCA to DIN adapter. You pair your PC with one receiver and the Google home device to the other receiver.

jdlech2

Commendable
Mar 27, 2018
First, let's make sure I understand the problem. You have a stereo amplifier with an RCA input. And you need a bluetooth receiver with an RCA output to connect the two.
This can be done, but.... Google home will not be able to control the amplifier. Meaning, it can't control the volume, turn the amp on and off, or *anything* other than feed sound to the amp.

All you need is a bluetooth receiver with an RCA output like this:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/StarTech-Bluetooth-Audio-Receiver-with-NFC/34925942?u1=SYNDOzzENGDTzz4875zz20171106&oid=574508.1&wmlspartner=7m8EnekPF5E&sourceid=30759856103735570197&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

jdlech2

Commendable
Mar 27, 2018
On second thought, I think I misunderstood what you want. It's not entirely clear whether you want to hook your PC, stereo, or both to google home mini via bluetooth to use as a remote speaker.

If you want to turn your google home mini into a remote speaker, then you're looking at a whole different ball of wax. For that you will need some sort of high impedance output like an RCA tape loop - most stereo receivers, switching units, and preamps would have one. Using the speaker output to feed a high impedance input never works well. Aside from that, you will need an ADC (analog to digital converter), and then a bluetooth transmitter. A stereo ADC can cost about $20 and up.

I assume the stereo is fully analog, so its output has to be converted to digital before being transmitted via bluetooth. And a lot of laptops only have an analog audio out. If yours has a digital audio out, that could be sent to a bluetooth transmitter, but good luck finding one with two inputs. Your best bet is to use the tape loop of your stereo (assuming you have one), digitizing it, then sending it to a bluetooth transmitter.

If your stereo has no tape loop, then there is no hope of converting its output to digital.

You will need two bluetooth receivers. I would get two brands just to be sure they don't interfere with each other. You want low latency AptX receivers.
Since your Naim Nait3 has only one RCA input (the others are DIN) you can connect one to the RCA input directly. The other would need an stereo RCA to DIN adapter. You pair your PC with one receiver and the Google home device to the other receiver.

Solution