i want to disable some function in my notebook

eman_s

Honorable
Nov 3, 2013
i want to disable the sleep and hibernate and some other function so it would be faster, some function was disabled when i get my notebook but when i return it to its original stat it was so slow

mbarnes86

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Hi

Sleep & Hibernate modes should not make the system slow in use

unless the hard disk is almost full and files made by these utilities leave almost no free space

[emply recycle bin, run disk cleanup ccleaner etc ]

both AMD & Intel CPU's have speedstep or similar which slows processor down when cpu is not being used and speeds it up again when needed

Usually being extra slow is because too many programs are running (using up memory) or over heating is causing the CPU to slow down

regards

Mike Barnes

eman_s

Honorable
Nov 3, 2013
first thx for your answer
but my notebook was not that slow before, and there was a lot of disabled function , but when i used " Toshiba recovery" and it became slow and the all the function that was disabled before became enabled

mbarnes86

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Hi

There are a lot of Toshiba programs which run at startup

You can go to Programs & Features (in control panell) to un-install or use something like (Microsoft) Sysinternals Autoruns or msconfig to disable them

Sorry I do not have a Toshiba any more to give exact details
(look on System Tray for details of Toshiba programs running at startup, post a list of them here to get advice )

There are ones which check for driver & bios updates which once used to update the drivers can be disabled

The one which is useful if you have it parks the Hard disk heads when ever vibration is detected and puts up a warning do not disable this one)

regards

Mike Barnes