I want to rebuild my laptop.

krich93

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013
I have an Acer Aspire 5733Z. It is old and falling apart. Almost none of the ports work, only one usb port will half way work and the ethernet port doesn't work either. When I first bought thiss, I was slightly ignorant to technical knowledge and was disappointed when I tried to play a video game and the graphics went crazy. Basically, I just want to keep this shell but rebuild everything inside it to use for gaming and downloading. And so that I can connect via ethernet cable. I just don't know what processor/motherboard is needed for my laptop.

Solution

No it can't be done. That hardware is made specifically for that laptop and laptop hardware is not interchangeable like it is on a desktop, nor can the hardware transfer and function on a desktop.
Laptop hardware is 100% customized to fit in the given shell and with the given components. Rebuilding inside a laptop is generally not practical. IMHO, unless you are willing to invest many months and many attempted builds, it's better to get a new laptop.

You can probably get a case for under $50 (if you're feeling econimical) and build into that, and you'll be able to get heaps of help from experienced builders.

krich93

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013

Well, I found a desktop shell that I would like to build into, but I just figured since I already have this laptop then maybe I can work with what I got.

g-unit1111

Distinguished

The only thing that would be salvageable from your current laptop is the hard drive, but even then you would need a 3.5" to 5.25" adapter in order for that to work, and you'd still require a full Windows reinstallation when you do build your desktop. But SODIMMs, the CPU, and the GPU will not work in a desktop motherboard.

krich93

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013

I don't want to use anything from the laptop to build the desktop, lol. Was just wanting to rebuild the laptop to be more suitable for my needs.

g-unit1111

Distinguished

No it can't be done. That hardware is made specifically for that laptop and laptop hardware is not interchangeable like it is on a desktop, nor can the hardware transfer and function on a desktop.

Solution