I want to remotely play my turntable on my stereo system on another floor

Solution
You don't need your laptop. There are cheap ($30) bluetooth-transmitters which you can pair with your "digital stereo".
Keep in mind, however, that Bluetooth is "personal" technology, and it might not cover the floor-to-floor distance.

You can still use your laptop as "transmitter", pairing it to the stereo, but don't connect TT to the mic port. Get cheap USB sound card with line-in connector instead.

Jack Warden

Estimable
Mar 26, 2015

The turntable is upstairs connected to an analog stereo (20 ish yrs old) and I want to connect it to the digital stereo on the main floor via the laptop on the upper floors Bluetooth to the digital stereos Bluetooth for parties. Is there a way to do this by hooking the turntable to my laptops mic port and broadcasting it over Bluetooth?

You don't need your laptop. There are cheap ($30) bluetooth-transmitters which you can pair with your "digital stereo".
Keep in mind, however, that Bluetooth is "personal" technology, and it might not cover the floor-to-floor distance.

You can still use your laptop as "transmitter", pairing it to the stereo, but don't connect TT to the mic port. Get cheap USB sound card with line-in connector instead.

Solution