i want to set my laptop to external monitor

fathima shamila

Honorable
Dec 20, 2013
helllo

my laptop display was totally distroyed i want connect it to my external monitor bt i cannot see anything from my laptop please help me hw can connect it without seeing??

Solution
The issue here is that you need to set it up as a secondary monitor but can't because the main screen is bad.

Try hooking everything up, turn on the laptop and quickly close the lid. You'll need a keyboard and mouse attached of course to use the computer. The laptop should detect the external monitor as a main screen.

Another option is to see if your laptop has a docking station you can get, but most home models don't have one that works properly. You need one with a power button so you can just keep the laptop closed and turn it on with the dock.
The issue here is that you need to set it up as a secondary monitor but can't because the main screen is bad.

Try hooking everything up, turn on the laptop and quickly close the lid. You'll need a keyboard and mouse attached of course to use the computer. The laptop should detect the external monitor as a main screen.

Another option is to see if your laptop has a docking station you can get, but most home models don't have one that works properly. You need one with a power button so you can just keep the laptop closed and turn it on with the dock.

Solution