I want to upgrade Acer Predator G9-593 to a larger M.2 Drive (525GB)? But How?

go7hic13

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
I'm trying to upgrade my Acer Predator G9-593 but it comes with a M.2 SATA III in and M.2 Form Factor. How do I do this? I've seen kets you can buy for an extra $20 which allow you to put the new M.2 SATA III drive into (in a sort of case) with a USB Connector on one end and some sort of M and B type Keys on the other end.

Basically, I've never done this so I'm confused by the upgrading interface and the cloning software I need to transfer my current M.2 over to a larger M.2.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!
thanks!

Solution

Find out what model M.2 disk you have in the system, then you can find out if you need anything special for an adapter. Not likely you will.

Macrium Reflect is a cloning program and there is a boot disk you can make with it. There is a free version available and it works well.

go7hic13

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
OK... Thanks so far for the information. Just a few details though. Is there a special M.2 to SATA Adapter I need? (I heard something about B & M Keys). I haven't googled it yet but what exactly is a Macrium Reflect boot disk. Freeware?

Find out what model M.2 disk you have in the system, then you can find out if you need anything special for an adapter. Not likely you will.

Macrium Reflect is a cloning program and there is a boot disk you can make with it. There is a free version available and it works well.

Solution