I would like some user feedback on Nord VPN software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
What do you want to know exactly? It is a good VPN for a decent price.

First of all, it is based in Panama which has no data retention laws and out of 14 eyes jurisdiction, it also does not collect any logs. Secondly, it is secure (you can read more about the protocols and encryption here). Thirdly, it supports streaming of various services like Netflix, iPlayer etc. thanks to SmartPlay or so it seems. Finally, it supports peer-to-peer, torrents (even though it doesn't support port forwarding), has various features like CyberSec, DoubleVPN for extra paranoid etc.

If you are talking about the software side of things, I'm using Nord on my Macbook, Galaxy S9+, and Win10 machine: it is easy to use and it just works. They constantly...
Apr 30, 2018
What do you want to know exactly? It is a good VPN for a decent price.

First of all, it is based in Panama which has no data retention laws and out of 14 eyes jurisdiction, it also does not collect any logs. Secondly, it is secure (you can read more about the protocols and encryption here). Thirdly, it supports streaming of various services like Netflix, iPlayer etc. thanks to SmartPlay or so it seems. Finally, it supports peer-to-peer, torrents (even though it doesn't support port forwarding), has various features like CyberSec, DoubleVPN for extra paranoid etc.

If you are talking about the software side of things, I'm using Nord on my Macbook, Galaxy S9+, and Win10 machine: it is easy to use and it just works. They constantly update the apps too. If you are using Linux it could be more problematic because they do not have a native Linux app; it is relatively easy to set up though.

So yeah, depends on what you need from a VPN. As a well-rounded package, I think it does the job well. Some reviews if you are interested in that sort of thing.

Solution

phaelax

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013
What are your speeds like through Nord VPN? I currently use cyber ghost and can get upwards of 8MB/s on downloads. It varies a lot of course depending on sites, but that is a peak I've hit. Plus it's very cheap if pay a year or more upfront.

Apr 30, 2018

When using the correct servers I get similar speeds to yours :) I use Nord's server picker if I want the best experience. Though I don't download much.

Status
Not open for further replies.