i7-3612qm fan control question.

Berti93

Honorable
Nov 22, 2013
Hy folks,

How can I adjust my cpu fan speed? While playing a game(CSGO), my temperature slowly rises from 50 to 105 then shuts down the whole system, and the fan wont even speed up a bit during the heating procedure.
I will try cleaning out and repaste the cpu, but I dont know if I can do that, because I have a valid guarantee. I have a dell inspiron 7520.
Thanks for the answers.

matt1-0-1

Estimable
Aug 31, 2014
You should be able to access the fan speed settings in the bios - not sure what the situation is with the DELL bioses. You can also download a program called speedfan, which will allow you to change the speed. Reapplying thermal paste will probably void your warantee, but if you suspect there is something wrong you could always return it to DELL. IMO, the best option would be to buy a new CPU cooler. Something like the Coolermaster hyper 212 evo if you have space, or if it is a slim case, the arctic cooling freezer 7 pro.

Remove the covers and blow all the dust out with compressed air. Sometimes the dust slows the fan down.

If it's all clean, then check in bios if you can change the fans speed. Probably not. If it's too slow, you'd need to replace the fan.

Berti93

Honorable
Nov 22, 2013
The dell bios is telling me nothing about cpu temperature. My fan just works randomly. It doesnt speed up when my laptop goes oven mode, and speed up when I literally dont do anything on it. I played a match 10 minutes ago and it went to 95-100 celsius, and it didnt stop. And my fan was like, nah bro thats cool chill. Not even a single sound, but when I start chrome, it goes helicopter mode, and almost flies off of my table.

TRENDING THREADS