IBM Thinkpad T43 No Display

adamg1

Estimable
Jun 27, 2015
I have an IBM Thinkpad T43 Laptop that suddenly stopped working, there was nothing on screen.
After having battery issues, I'm sure it's time for a replacement but the laptop does boot up fine, I guess (relying on the system lights).
I have also connected the laptop to another monitor without getting anything on screen.

Looks like I need a new screen besides a new battery. Where's the best place to get these specific parts?

Solution
Hi

If you connect an external monitor
Power on
Then press fn key and key with symbol looking like 2 squares
You should be able to send display to internal, external screen or both at the same time
If this does not work you have a fault with the graphics chip and probably need a new motherboard

Probably time for a new laptop

Regards
Mike Barnes

mbarnes86

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Hi

If you connect an external monitor
Power on
Then press fn key and key with symbol looking like 2 squares
You should be able to send display to internal, external screen or both at the same time
If this does not work you have a fault with the graphics chip and probably need a new motherboard

Probably time for a new laptop

Regards
Mike Barnes

Solution

adamg1

Estimable
Jun 27, 2015

I did as you suggested and still got nothing on the display or external monitor. I guess I was being optimistic about just replacing the display and battery. So, is there nothing more for me to do as far as troubleshooting the root issue?