IDC: Windows Phone to Surpass iOS by 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
The Elopcalypse has about as much chance in a substantial Windows Phone 7 market share increase as Tom's Hardware does in getting rid of spammers.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Won't happen. Why not? The world is still going to end in 2012.

OK so truth be told, I don't believe either case will happen. Android will still be on top.

11796pcs

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
Uh... the first word under the subtitle- yeah that says "Global". Of course WP7 isn't going to ever get close to 20% in the U.S., but it may in the world... Heck Android seemed like it came out of nowhere- so why couldn't WP7?

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
Windows 8 will tell.... but W7 phones have already lost out. It is certainly possible. I would buy a good quality Windows phone, if they ever come out with a true tablet/phone OS.

reggieray

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
I see MS is dreaming again for another soon to fail project of take over another market, dominate the world policy. Windows OS only survived because of a monopoly and they were convicted of it too for all you MS fanboy deniers out there. Since the conviction MS works with NSA on their OS's. I'll stick with Linux or OS X.
The only other thing they have succeeded at is the Crapbox 360 that had a 50%+ failure rate at first and the only reason people stayed with it was they had spent all that money on overpriced DX9 games for it.
Long Live Open Gl, Open Cl and the likes.

erinc

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
What utter nonsense. That anyone could claim to accurately predict the state of the mobile OS market in 2015 is total rubbish.

loomis86

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
I say this prediction is not only going to come true, it is conservative. Windows mango and whatever comes next is going to ROCK AND ROLL! Say goodnight RIM, you are toast. So is iphone.

txsouthpaw

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2011
[citation][nom]ReggieRay[/nom]I see MS is dreaming again for another soon to fail project of take over another market, dominate the world policy. Windows OS only survived because of a monopoly and they were convicted of it too for all you MS fanboy deniers out there. Since the conviction MS works with NSA on their OS's. I'll stick with Linux or OS X.The only other thing they have succeeded at is the Crapbox 360 that had a 50%+ failure rate at first and the only reason people stayed with it was they had spent all that money on overpriced DX9 games for it.Long Live Open Gl, Open Cl and the likes.[/citation]

Well said. I couldn't agree more.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
it's not going to happen....windows is weak when it comes to mobile stuff....for example, take a look at how hard they failed with the zune and zuneHD

srgess

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2007
Keep dreaming microsoft, no way they are gonna pass android, ios. Even my Bada Os Phone is better over windows mobile.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
I think this estimate boils down to one thing, can Intel manage to get the x86 Atom into the power budget of the phones or not. Why? Because it would be possible for Microsoft to enable tons of windows software to be run directly on the phones and the majority of devs like it easy - Imagine they make the same code & api's for both windows and the phone... If they get that to work this estimate might come true especially in the corporate sector.

bhaberle

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008
This is an accurate statement though. I mean really... the Apple OS only goes on Apple devices. Windows Phone 7 will go on a variety of phones and more carriers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS