Ideapad 710s stuck in Windows Installing after reset

meuparauso

Prominent
Jan 7, 2018
Hi,
I bought a Lenovo Ideapad 710s laptop a few months back. It worked fine until recently when it started blacking out (not shutting down, I could still hear it running and the keyboard was lit), randomly, and to get it back on, I'd have to force a shut down. Because I could still use it I didn't do anything but try to restart it a few times. But, today, I decided to try to do a System Reset, through the troubleshooting restart option. I chose to keep my files but do the system reset, and it began alright (in the Installing Windows screen). After a while I noticed the screen lost brightness (which usually means it's low on battery), so I plugged in the charger. A while after, it went black as it was going sometimes, and I did what I usually did when that happened, forced a shut down (by holding the power button). It then began a loop where it turns on, goes to the Installing Windows screen at 64%, quickly goes to about 80-something% and then turns off, but quickly starts repeating this cycle again. I've managed to get to the boot menu, through the NOVO button, and disabled LAN access, but when I leave the boot menu, the cycle starts over again, just the same. It's been doing this for hours. I have no idea what to do, and I really need my files. Please help

Solution
Try this...

1. Turn off the laptop.
2. Turn off your WiFi, or take the laptop to an area where there isn't any WiFi. (If connected via Ethernet, unplug it.)
3. Turn on the laptop.
4. Once it fully loads, then turn on your WiFi again.

It should work now. Sometimes (especially in 10) updates, including those that come after a reset, can get the computer stuck. It happens when an update fails, for whatever reason, and the device continually tries to get it to install over and over. Leaving you 'stuck'. Until you take away its ability to continue trying the update, hence the no WiFi, then it should load.
Try this...

1. Turn off the laptop.
2. Turn off your WiFi, or take the laptop to an area where there isn't any WiFi. (If connected via Ethernet, unplug it.)
3. Turn on the laptop.
4. Once it fully loads, then turn on your WiFi again.

It should work now. Sometimes (especially in 10) updates, including those that come after a reset, can get the computer stuck. It happens when an update fails, for whatever reason, and the device continually tries to get it to install over and over. Leaving you 'stuck'. Until you take away its ability to continue trying the update, hence the no WiFi, then it should load.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS