Ideapad Y510P extra graphic card

challenger15

Honorable
Aug 24, 2013
I recently purchased a Lenovo Ideapad Y510P without the extra graphic card because I will be needing the optical drive. I was trying to search the Lenovo website for the extra graphic card as a stand-alone accessory to be inserted in the Ultrabay slot, but couldn't find it anywhere. I''m interested in getting this second card so that I can swap the optical drive for the card anytime I want. Can anybody provide me with a link to the 750m graphic card which can be purchased separately to be inserted in the laptop?

Solution
The 750M ultrabay is not available yet. it is confirmed but not for sale yet. just wait a bit. or look on ebay
here are the ones for the y400 and y500 which are the GTX650M's im sure they will be out with the 510P's and the 410's ultrabay GPU's soon

http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/web/LenovoPortal/en_US/catalog.workflow:show-category-with-items?ftype=acc&category-id=C81C5BB51B21465D96C353CC4CEF4801&tabname=&filter=Type_0,Price_5

also
"I'm not a complete GPU wizard like some of the other guys here, but I have also looked at the Y510P and unfortunately you can't add another card onto the three lowest spec variants of the Y510P. To add another graphics card you would need an SLI, which only comes on the $1,199 model...

Louis Brown

Honorable
Jul 28, 2013
I'm not a complete GPU wizard like some of the other guys here, but I have also looked at the Y510P and unfortunately you can't add another card onto the three lowest spec variants of the Y510P. To add another graphics card you would need an SLI, which only comes on the $1,199 model. Laptops are notorious for being tricky to upgrade once purchased as there is a much smaller variety choice of components, and also, the laptop is incredibly compact already, with almost no room to expand/upgrade components, unlike a desktop.

EDIT: Sorry which model of the Y510P in particular did you buy?

sup3r_b0wlz

Honorable
Oct 19, 2012
The 750M ultrabay is not available yet. it is confirmed but not for sale yet. just wait a bit. or look on ebay
here are the ones for the y400 and y500 which are the GTX650M's im sure they will be out with the 510P's and the 410's ultrabay GPU's soon

http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/web/LenovoPortal/en_US/catalog.workflow:show-category-with-items?ftype=acc&category-id=C81C5BB51B21465D96C353CC4CEF4801&tabname=&filter=Type_0,Price_5

also
"I'm not a complete GPU wizard like some of the other guys here, but I have also looked at the Y510P and unfortunately you can't add another card onto the three lowest spec variants of the Y510P. To add another graphics card you would need an SLI, which only comes on the $1,199 model. Laptops are notorious for being tricky to upgrade once purchased as there is a much smaller variety choice of components, and also, the laptop is incredibly compact already, with almost no room to expand/upgrade components, unlike a desktop.

EDIT: Sorry which model of the Y510P in particular did you buy? "

the Lenovo Y series laptops have an Ultrabay slot. this allows the user to swap out whatever they would like in that slot, some choices are: an extra GPU, aka SLI, an extra hard drive caddy, or a fan, i've also seen a battery, but i dont believe that that is available on the y510p.

Solution

challenger15

Honorable
Aug 24, 2013
Thanks for the information. I have looked high and low for the 750m ultrabay but my search turned out to be fruitless. I guess I will just have to wait then for Lenovo to release the extra ultrabay slot.

challenger15

Honorable
Aug 24, 2013

Lenovo recently released the extra graphic card after continously being pressured by numerous purchasers of the y510p and the y500. Hell, I found so many forums relating to the availability of the extra graphic card and after making countless calls myself to the sluggish Lenovo customer service department, tasting victory at last is sweet. Here's the link to the card:
http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/web/LenovoPortal/en_US/catalog.workflow:item.detail?hide_menu_area=true&GroupID=460&Code=0C65964

Paraledo

Honorable
Oct 22, 2013
Amazing! I need that GPU! but.... in that page they don´t mention if it includes the charger that the laptop needs (I read in some forums that in order to use the second GPU you need to change the source power for another more powerful like the charger that shows my link abobe this post: 170W 20v 8.5A Lenovo 45N0111 36200232 ADP-170BB B 36200401ac adapter charger)