ideapad Z580 new os installation

dipanjanforever

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013
hi i've a ideapad z580 with windows 7 home besic. now i've bought windows 8 pro & wat to install it in my pc from usb.
problem is whenever i try to boot from usb it just bypass it and go stright to windows 7.I've already checked my USB in my pc and it is bootable. so i've read different forums & every one is saying to disable SECUREBOOT option... now is my bios there is no secure boot option even if i enable administrator password i cannot find any SECUREBOOT option...

so what shout i do with my windows 8 pro? how do i install it?my laptop is ideapad z580 with i3-3110m ... bios version 5fcn34ww

Solution
Modern laptops (like Ideapads, Thinkpads) come with UEFI technology. Means the BIOS of the computer doesn't work the way it has to. Instead, it is modified by the OEM by having a special program (firmware) above the traditional BIOS. This gives a lot of additional functionality and ease to the user for some situations and at the same time also restricts some functionality which a normal BIOS does. So to get the native functionality of the BIOS, there will be an option called "LEGACY SUPPORT" in the bios settings. Enabling this changes the BIOS to normal mode and you can do what ever you want. Also don't forget to change the priority to LEGACY FIRST.

Nikhil Teja

Estimable
Feb 16, 2014
Modern laptops (like Ideapads, Thinkpads) come with UEFI technology. Means the BIOS of the computer doesn't work the way it has to. Instead, it is modified by the OEM by having a special program (firmware) above the traditional BIOS. This gives a lot of additional functionality and ease to the user for some situations and at the same time also restricts some functionality which a normal BIOS does. So to get the native functionality of the BIOS, there will be an option called "LEGACY SUPPORT" in the bios settings. Enabling this changes the BIOS to normal mode and you can do what ever you want. Also don't forget to change the priority to LEGACY FIRST.

Solution

Nikhil Teja

Estimable
Feb 16, 2014

Nikhil Teja

Estimable
Feb 16, 2014