Identity Thief Caught by Facial Recognition

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wifiwolf has a valid point. I've noticed that trend as well.

american09 is right. The problem is not that people want to live in america for more rights. The problem is the sheer quantity. We cannot possibly take in everyone nowdays.

danny69t, one joke has you that irritated? Chill. If you want straight no-nonsense news.. read from a more reputable source.

scuba dave

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
[citation][nom]thirdshop[/nom]Hmm, I guess all your ancestors were born in America? Get real, even "Native Americans" originally came from elsewhere, stop taking credit for the actions of people in the past. So unless you can unequivocally you are a direct descendant of a member of the Revolutionary Army, you need a nice big cup of STFU.[/citation]

Umm... Your statement has almost no relevance at all.. It doesn't matter where is ancestors were born. Because most countries agree to a fairly standard "If you were born here, or 1 parent is a native" then you are a citizen. I'm part Italian(from my grandfather), but I guarantee you that I have no pull or sway in that country at all. In fact, I have no more legal rights or protections than any other FOREIGNER would in Italy. So UNFORTUNATELY, as American09 said:

[citation][nom]american09[/nom]Maybe if people from other countries would stand up for themselves against their own govts until their govts were forced to acknowledge and provide those same ten amendments then so many people everywhere would not have to leave the places where their names came from just to live as humans. It seems like nobody wants to think this much until after they take the easy way out and run away to america.[/citation]

It's up to the people of their own countries to take a firm stance against what they consider injustice, and fight for the rights they believe they deserve. The best an AMERICAN, with a watered down bloodline can do is "political interference"...

And I think we ALL know how well that worked in Iraq. :/

G

This story is very inaccurate.

The BMV had already identified Mr. Helms, and a variety of other people with multiple identities, and distributed "wanted" posters to all 140 license branches for the employees to see. These posters are behind the counter and are not viewable by the public.

Helms came into the branch and the BMV employee recognized him from the poster and called the police department. The police department detained Helms at the license branch; he was not able to leave the building.

Graig Lubsen
Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles
Deputy Communications Director

Hanin33

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
Nice update, Graig! i for one appreciate your effort to come here to give us the real deal and not the copy/paste story being lauded by mr. parrish, the sensationalist media and cbs2...

joesapp37

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
[citation][nom]american09[/nom]Maybe if people from other countries would stand up for themselves against their own govts until their govts were forced to acknowledge and provide those same ten amendments then so many people everywhere would not have to leave the places where their names came from just to live as humans. It seems like nobody wants to think this much until after they take the easy way out and run away to america.[/citation]

I totally agree with you. But a lot of these people that want to take back their country are labeled as "terrorists, enemy combatants, etc" thanks to the lies and propaganda of their own gvt. So it makes it kind of complicated.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]zerapio[/nom]Jellico, Latin-American is the part of America that speaks a Latin language. The term is analogous to Anglo-American to refer to Canadians and US citizens. This has nothing to do with PC terms like African-American or Asian-American.[/citation]

In New Mexico, people like to use terms like "Latino" or "Chicano" to denote a person of hispanic heritage. But, like I said before, I am an American (and by that I mean proud citizen of the United States of America) first and always. If other hyphenated Americans would adopt the same attitude, I suspect we would be a far less divided nation. I've met a few black people who have come from the UK. They don't call themselves African-Englishmen. They just say they are English.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]jellico[/nom]Speaking as a "latin-american person" who considers himself to be an AMERICAN first and always... give it a rest already.[/citation]
Speaking as a white Canadian...Well Said!!

I wish more people around the world felt the same as you. The sooner people see themselves as equals instead of different the sooner we can end the racial BS. Not everyone sees other races as "different", were all human.

I’m glad this dumb F'er got caught; if he was white I would be equally as happy.

audioee

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2007
Jellico,

I strongly agree with your idea of hyphenated Americans. I also think that if American stopped using hypenates, race relations would improve big time. There shouldn't be the need to differentiate. I also think that if you are anything other than white, you don't need the adjective out in front, because any intelligent person will be able to make a guess at your ancestry, based on biological features, language, clothing, etc.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]audioee[/nom]Jellico,I strongly agree with your idea of hyphenated Americans. I also think that if American stopped using hypenates, race relations would improve big time. There shouldn't be the need to differentiate. I also think that if you are anything other than white, you don't need the adjective out in front, because any intelligent person will be able to make a guess at your ancestry, based on biological features, language, clothing, etc.[/citation]

I agree with this as well...

I think things like "the million man march" are fantastic for black people, but at the same time it separates them from everyone else. Isn't the goal to be equal, not different, but equal? I think you can be Black and proud without demonstrations.

How about Gay rights assemblies? You’re gay… Good for you…

I just don’t understand why there needs to be demonstrations to say “HEY WERE HERE, LOOK @ US!”

When was the last time there was a million Italian man march? Hell when was the last time you seen white men do anything unified?

My point is… were all the same; stop acting different and you’ll fuckin fit in.

Bring on the thumbs down...

wifiwolf

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
you didn't get what I've written. I'm not even american, I'm european. My point is that those are minorities - at least here, and I don't see a white person caught that have had their picture on articles. Did you see The woman who have written the popular skank article? Doesn't anyone have at least one picture?
Thank god this is the ONLY thing that still has to do with races nowadays.

thirdshop

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2008
Umm... Your statement has almost no relevance at all.. It doesn't matter where is ancestors were born. Because most countries agree to a fairly standard "If you were born here, or 1 parent is a native" then you are a citizen. I'm part Italian(from my grandfather), but I guarantee you that I have no pull or sway in that country at all. In fact, I have no more legal rights or protections than any other FOREIGNER would in Italy. So UNFORTUNATELY, as American09 said:
[citation][nom]scuba dave[/nom]Umm... Your statement has almost no relevance at all.. It doesn't matter where is ancestors were born. Because most countries agree to a fairly standard "If you were born here, or 1 parent is a native" then you are a citizen. I'm part Italian(from my grandfather), but I guarantee you that I have no pull or sway in that country at all. In fact, I have no more legal rights or protections than any other FOREIGNER would in Italy. So UNFORTUNATELY, as American09 said:It's up to the people of their own countries to take a firm stance against what they consider injustice, and fight for the rights they believe they deserve. The best an AMERICAN, with a watered down bloodline can do is "political interference"...And I think we ALL know how well that worked in Iraq.[/citation]
Maybe your not reading his statement the same way as I am, the way his sentence reads is that people should not immigrate, they should just stay where they are and not bother "Real Americans". So by his argument, your Italian ancestors should have just stayed in Italy to do the best they can instead of emigrating to America to start a new life for themselves.

bogcotton

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
To those who say that people in countries outside of the Western world need to stand up to their governments and get their own rights, that is true, but pretty much impossible.
As the protests recently in Iran show, we have sold these Third World governments so many weapons, which they in most cases bought with money obtained through the oppression of their people, that their general populations can't do anything but shut up, leave, or die.

Status
Not open for further replies.