IE9 Not Gaining Marketshare, Trouble Ahead?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I have always had every other browser installed on my desktop but either out of being lazy, for speed (real or imagined) or since my work involves ensuring supported websites work efficiently with the most popular browser, I default to IE 80% of the time.

That was until I installed IE9. The UI is horrible what were they thinking, it is a downgrade from previous versions. I figured I would get used to it but it is just too buggy, crashes and does not render sites properly. So now I find myself always switching to Firefox. I think IE9 finally broke my addiction to IE. Seems they went totally down hill after IE7.

I am probably in the minority here since overall believe the UI for Microsoft products overall has steadily gone down hill and now mirrors their competition in the 90s. The easy of use UI and training folks was much easier back in the days of XP and 2003. The UI for Office 2010 and Windows 7 menus and explorer blows chunks just like IE9.

Zomby

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2009
We're stuck on XP at my workplace because of some pieces of software our customers use that requires us to be on IE7 or lower. My boss has been wanting to move to Windows 7 for a while but until our customer upates it's software we have to wait upon them. I've been using ie9 at home and truly love it. Just can't wait for websites to catch on and stop rendering in weird ways juste because they detect it's IE. IE9 now supports most W3C standard but when sites detects IE they use the non-stadard way of doing things it used to need. That's what the compatibility button is for though, rendering the page as an older version of IE would've.

Status
Not open for further replies.