IE9 Released: 'Beautiful' and Fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
Actually pretty good, but without extensions its only a backup browser for me. Kudos to them for being first to the ground with a stable release of a GPU accelerated browser.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
Damn, I already have to test my websites in MSIE 6, MSIE 7, MSIE 8, FF 2, FF 3, Chrome, Safari, Opera 9, 10 and 11 and now I'll have to add MSIE 9 and FF 4. I got like four virtual machines just to test sites on older browsers...

cjl

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]FF4 can't do flash FF=Fail.[/citation]
What?

I'm running it right now, and flash works just fine...

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
I'm glad they're taking a firm stance towards XP and IE6 now. If MS doesn't force people to upgrade people aren't. They're just going to sit there and pout and say "Windows XP is the greatest OS EVAR!" and be blind, deaf, dumb, and ignorant.

christop

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2008
I tried to install this and it said pre release version of windows not supported. What the hell did I get a bunk version from Acer on my laptop.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]christop[/nom]I tried to install this and it said pre release version of windows not supported. What the hell did I get a bunk version from Acer on my laptop.[/citation]
welcome to the dark side of Microsoft....you will need to get a new version of the OS...lol

G

Microsoft loves to brag that IE9 is fast while ignoring the fact that it is technically inept and incompetent. Unable to handle advances made in the modern web, IE9 is years behind all other browsers in modern standards and compliance support.

Forget IE9 and help move the web forward. Use ANY other browser.

Assmar

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
Yeah, but does it have automatic spellchecker? The RC didn't at least. Love me some Firefox, making me appear smarter than I deserve.

pclee

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
It ain't beautiful...but maybe I just need to sit down and install themes. I test drove IE9 on my laptop this morning and it really just like Chrome, but not a sleek. I'll try again after work if I can pull myself away from Dragon Age II.

deejay83

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2011
I have one question:

I downloaded the IE9 Win 7 64bit but when i tried to install it says : "Setup could not verify the installation files. Make sure the cryptographic service is running on this computer."

Now the thing is I checked and the cryptographic service is running but I still have the problem.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.