If I am connected to TV with HDMI cable can I transfer sound too to tv?

presidentAkos

Commendable
Jun 10, 2016
Sound is come from my pc speaker and I would transfer to TV speakers.
Can I do that without new cable?
(I have hdmi->dvi transformer)

Solution

that is what is causing it then. DVI doesn't carry audio over like a pure HDMI connection does. the adapter is cutting off the ability to carry over the audio signal from the HDMI input. you would need a straight HDMI-HDMI connection to get both audio and video working

captaincharisma

Distinguished
HDMI cables are able to carry both sound and video so as long as your setup is right for your TV it will work. if the sound doesn't automatically get routed to the TV and you are using windows check your "playback devices" and you should find the right sound source

presidentAkos

Commendable
Jun 10, 2016

It says NVIDIA HDMI Output is not connected.
I'm connected to DVI prt with a hdmi -> dvi transformer cause my HDMI port not working.

captaincharisma

Distinguished

that is what is causing it then. DVI doesn't carry audio over like a pure HDMI connection does. the adapter is cutting off the ability to carry over the audio signal from the HDMI input. you would need a straight HDMI-HDMI connection to get both audio and video working

Solution

hulksmashtinyman

Prominent
Mar 3, 2017
It says NVIDIA HDMI Output is not connected.

You have a NVIDIA video/sound card. When playing through TV just make that as your default playback setting. Should be smooth sailing from there.