If i move the cord in the dc jack at certain angle it would start to c

Status
Not open for further replies.

vhddan

Honorable
May 12, 2012
I have an acer aspire 5741 . The problem started a week back and has got worse. It is when i plug the cord for charging on laptop, the blue light on power button and amber charging light would start to flash and the charging would stop. However, if i move the cord in the dc jack at certain angle it would start to charge but recently it has stopped doing so too. The battery is fine and giving 2.3 hrs. I tried removing the battery and start with ac power but would turn off if the dc cord moves. I tried draining suggestef by acer but it didnot work... Please reply me with the solution as acer have been slow to respond and i need the laptop to complete my assignments

Thanks & regards

pjmelect

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
It is common that the cord lead becomes intermittently open circuit, you can either replace the power supply or repair the cord if you or someone you know can do it.

Traildriver

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010
Look at the centre post of your DC charging port on the laptop. Is it one that appears to have a seam in the middle of the post? Two half circle metal posts that appear to be a complete circle because they are next to each other?

If so, the unplug the laptop and remove the battery. Gently separate the 2 halves of the centre post a small fraction. This increases the charger retention in the port and the electrical connection is thereby improved.

unksol

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
Inside the A/C cord there is a break in the wire from repeated use, or the Jack on the laptop is loose. if the plug doesnt wiggle in the Jack its likely the A/C cord. Buy a new power supply or find someone who knows enough to cut the wire open, find the break, and fix it

vhddan

Honorable
May 12, 2012

thankyou very much
vhddan

Status
Not open for further replies.