If I unlock a gsm phone will it work on verizon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
That depends on whether your phone will work with a CDMA network. There are 2 networks in the USA (GSM & CDMA -- do not ask which is better unless you want to throw a match into a room filled with gasoline.) AT&T & T-Mobile are GSM, Sprint & Verizon are CDMA. One of my adult daughters has a GSM phone so I & went to several Verizon stores trying to get service. The answer from all was that I could get service -- just not with a GSM phone (they were all happy to put her on contract with another phone but she liked the phone android phone she has so it was a non-starter.)

russianjack

Prominent
Dec 21, 2017
That depends on whether your phone will work with a CDMA network. There are 2 networks in the USA (GSM & CDMA -- do not ask which is better unless you want to throw a match into a room filled with gasoline.) AT&T & T-Mobile are GSM, Sprint & Verizon are CDMA. One of my adult daughters has a GSM phone so I & went to several Verizon stores trying to get service. The answer from all was that I could get service -- just not with a GSM phone (they were all happy to put her on contract with another phone but she liked the phone android phone she has so it was a non-starter.)

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.