If my battery is bad but charges enough to show green or blue light charged indicator does the screen stay black?

Logan_45

Commendable
Jan 15, 2017
i have a Samsung laptop that is only 2 yrs old. I get the charged light after charging but when I push power button I hear the fan come on but screen stays black. Could this be a bad battery or what?

Saga Lout

Olde English
First thing to check is whether the brightness up and down Function keys have moved to see if it's been turned down by accident.

Another way of checking if it's working is to press the Windows key and R together then after a few seconds type
shutdown /r
and press Enter. If the machine restarts after thirty seconds, it must have been working.

Saga Lout

Olde English
First thing to check is whether the brightness up and down Function keys have moved to see if it's been turned down by accident.

Another way of checking if it's working is to press the Windows key and R together then after a few seconds type
shutdown /r
and press Enter. If the machine restarts after thirty seconds, it must have been working.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Laptop Tech Support 1
Ryun1975 Laptop Tech Support 2
T Laptop Tech Support 2
Silent_ Laptop Tech Support 0
R Laptop Tech Support 0
R Laptop Tech Support 0
AG95 Laptop Tech Support 5
Nategreg Laptop Tech Support 0
maybeits_jack Laptop Tech Support 2
Neon The (Anthro) Umbreon Laptop Tech Support 3
Arkayne Laptop Tech Support 1