I'm AMAZED at you guys. This is TOM's GUIDE, for Pete's sake. WILL YOU FORGET ABOUT THE SWITCH ON THE ADAPTER. WE ***ALL** KNO

pwstreamliner

Estimable
Jul 20, 2015
NO FILES CAN BE ADDED TO MY PHONE'S (LG L90) MICRO SD CARDS WHILE PLUGGED INTO MY COMPUTER MY COMPUTER.

Surely I'm not the only person experiencing this. THE MICRO SD CARDS ARE "WRITE PROTECTED." HOW THE F DID THIS HAPPEN? ALL THREE OF MY MICRO SD CARDS ARE. ALL THREE SD ADAPTERS, **WITH THEIR SLIDERS IN THE UNLOCKED POSITION,** PRODUCE THE SAME RESULTS, REGARDLESS OF MICRO SD CARD/ SD ADAPTER COMBINATION.

SURELY SOMEBODY HAS A REAL SOLUTION. FORMATTING IN THE COMPUTER IS NOT POSSIBLE. THE COMPUTER SAYS: THE CARD IS WRITE PROTECTED. IF I FORMAT THE CARD IN THE PHONE ("erase"- the L90 doesn't use the word "format") AND THEN PUT INTO THE COMPUTER, NO FILES CAN BE ADDED TO THE CARD IN THE COMPUTER, BECAUSE, AGAIN, THE COMPUTER SAYS THE CARD IS WRITE PROTECTED. THIS IS DRIVING ME NUTS. THERE'S NO WAY THIS ISN'T HAPPENING WITH SOMEONE ELSE, AND WILL YOU ***PLEASE*** NOT MENTION THAT DAMN "LOCK" SLIDER OR THE USUAL FORMATTING METHOD ON THE COMPUTER. THAT'S BABY TALK. WE'RE PAST THAT. THANK YOU.

THOSE OF US WHO ARE EXPERIENCING THIS PROBLEM ARE SICK AND TIRED OF YOU GUYS, WHO SHOULD HAVE SOME INSIGHT HERE, GOING BACK TO THE STUPID "LOCK SLIDER" EXPLANATION. PLEASE GET PAST THAT!

FORGET THE LOCK SLIDER.

ANY REAL HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED.

THANK YOU!

If it's not got a write protect switch, the card is probably about to fail and is trying to protect itself long enough for you to get your data off it.. Pull your data off it and replace.

Flash memory has a low number of write/erase cycles each cell can go through; once you reach this, it's stuffed.

There's your answer, now can you be more civil?

pwstreamliner

Estimable
Jul 20, 2015
More civil- yes. The 16GB card is less than a month old, never been filled up, hardly used. What you stated here is not the reason it shows up as write protected. The other two cards are older, one, 8 months, the other a year or so. They're all doing the same thing. This idea that it knows it's going to die soon and therefore hanging on to its data via suddenly becoming write-protected, until I can get the data from it, when it's less than a month old and hardly used, well, let's just say, um, THANKS!