Solved! i'm having problems getting a signal through my HDMI cable. I can tell that the TV recognizes the cable because the HDMI 1

Oct 19, 2018
i'm having problems getting a signal through my HDMI cable.

I can tell that the TV recognizes the cable because the HDMI 1 icon on the TV gets clear as i put in the cable in the computer. Still it gives me No signal?

I don't seem to be able to do anything on my computer ether. It doesn't seem to "connect" to the TV so i don't have any option

Solution
You may be having a "handshake" issue. Try changing the order you boot the computer and select HDMI 1 on the TV.
Try a different HDMI cable. Try a different HDMI input on the TV.
The video resolution of the computer could be too high for the TV so it won't show anything or it may indicate no signal.
If you have another monitor connected to the computer set the TV as a 2nd display or extended desktop. Then you can change the resolution to match the native resolution of the TV.

You may be having a "handshake" issue. Try changing the order you boot the computer and select HDMI 1 on the TV.
Try a different HDMI cable. Try a different HDMI input on the TV.
The video resolution of the computer could be too high for the TV so it won't show anything or it may indicate no signal.
If you have another monitor connected to the computer set the TV as a 2nd display or extended desktop. Then you can change the resolution to match the native resolution of the TV.

Solution