Im looking for a fairly decent laptop, and have deducted it to the Macbook Pro 13 inch 2016 (No touch Bar) and the dell xps 15

Solution
I suppose it depends on what you want to do with the laptop and what your expectations are. Overall, Macbook Pros are good laptops, with great build quality, but poor bang for the buck. If you want to use Mac OS, then you have no choice. The Dell XPS 15 is a high quality laptop and although it has a 15.6" screen, the thin bezels around the display mean the laptop is about equal to the size of a 14" laptop. If I am not mistaken, the battery life when doing average daily tasks is comparable to the MacBook Pro, roughly 8 hours.

If playing game is a concern, then go for the Dell because it has a GTX 1050. On the other hand, the Macbook relies on the Intel HD 640. Better than the typical Intel HD 620 / HD 630 found in Windows laptops, but...
I suppose it depends on what you want to do with the laptop and what your expectations are. Overall, Macbook Pros are good laptops, with great build quality, but poor bang for the buck. If you want to use Mac OS, then you have no choice. The Dell XPS 15 is a high quality laptop and although it has a 15.6" screen, the thin bezels around the display mean the laptop is about equal to the size of a 14" laptop. If I am not mistaken, the battery life when doing average daily tasks is comparable to the MacBook Pro, roughly 8 hours.

If playing game is a concern, then go for the Dell because it has a GTX 1050. On the other hand, the Macbook relies on the Intel HD 640. Better than the typical Intel HD 620 / HD 630 found in Windows laptops, but not even close to the GTX 1050. The Mac has a dual core i5 or i7 CPU while the Dell has a quad core i7-7700HQ.

I would say that unless you really want to use Mac OS, the Dell is overall the better laptop.

Solution

itsjam370again

Prominent
Oct 10, 2017
I have pretty much decided on macbook, for slimness and battery life, but will i be able to get onbig servers, like minecraft perhaps?
Also, am i able to play my xbox one digital games on the macbook pro?

Dunno what you mean by "big servers". The Intel HD 640 used in Macbooks is a little better than the nvidia 920m which is a weak dedicated GPU. If the GTX 1050 is a Ford Mustang, the 920m / Intel HD 640 would be a Hot Wheels car.

XBox One games can only be played on Xbox One.

itsjam370again

Prominent
Oct 10, 2017

ok, i swear this is the last question xD
but, can you give me a link for the best option if i get an xps 15?

brokenmusicalchair

Prominent
Sep 18, 2017
I wouldn't recommend an XPS 15 under any circumstances. Their specs look really good, but in practice, they are disgustingly slow and weak, and no one knows why. I bought mine two weeks ago with fully upgraded specs, and I can't wait to return it. All I have been doing for the last two weeks is troubleshoot to figure out why it is having trouble running things that my 8 year old computer with 1/4 of the hardware can handle quite easily.

I would not recommend a Mac for gaming ever, though. I don't know why those are your only two options, but neither of them is suitable for what you are looking for.

itsjam370again

Prominent
Oct 10, 2017

wow, rlly? I was looking for something that had battery life if i needed it, but also could do some light gaming on the side without a bunch of lag.