Image quality on TVs

Luca_12

Commendable
Dec 6, 2016
Ever since I bought my ps4 3 years ago and first started connecting it through my TV I felt like the quality of the image was not how it supposed to be. So I started taking screenshots and showing them on my PC, and WOW... The difference was obvious. The image displayed on my PC (how I wanted it to display on my TV) was clear, colours were fantastic and it all looked much better. Recently I changed my TV, and bought a gaming monitor, a Dell S2316H which, apparently, was extremely good with gaming platforms, so I gave it a try. However, I was surprisingly disappointed as the image showed was just slightly better, but the colours displayed and the overall quality was still poor, compared on my TV. I discovered PS4 remote play but that just would not work for me, because of my poor internet speed. I tried fiddling around with the settings on both TV, tried changing the HDMI, and updating drivers. It's just no use. Does anybody else have this impression or it's just me being ridiculous

RARRAF

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2007
well no its not ridiculous at all a TV has a standard refresh of 60hz a PC monitor has 100Hz or better I do not know much about monitor's but there is a lot more pixels and stuff

Luca_12

Commendable
Dec 6, 2016
I don't honestly think the problem is the refresh rate as my laptop monitor's is 60Hz while the resolution is 1366 x 768. The dell s2316h has a 1920x1080 resolution with 60HZ

Luca_12

Commendable
Dec 6, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Luca_12 : "Image quality on monitors"

Ever since I bought my ps4 3 years ago and first started connecting it through my TV I felt like the quality of the image was not how it supposed to be. So I started taking screenshots and showing them on my PC, and WOW... The difference was obvious. The image displayed on my PC (how I wanted it to display on my TV) was clear, colours were fantastic and it all looked much better. Recently I changed my TV, and bought a gaming monitor, a Dell S2316H which, apparently, was extremely good with gaming platforms, so I gave it a try. However, I was surprisingly disappointed as the image showed was just slightly better, but the colours displayed and the overall quality was still poor, compared on my TV. I discovered PS4 remote play but that just would not work for me, because of my poor internet speed. I tried fiddling around with the settings on both TV, tried changing the HDMI, and updating drivers. It's just no use. Does anybody else have this impression or it's just me being ridiculous