In my eos 1200D all the buttons beside the LCD-- menu, playback, setting, display, etc--doesn't work. Only the shutter button,

Eliquetric_04

Prominent
Jul 26, 2017
In my eos 1200D all the buttons beside the LCD-- menu, playback, setting, display, etc--doesn't work. Only the shutter button, on/off, flash, mode dial works. I don't understand what's happening

Eliquetric_04

Prominent
Jul 26, 2017
It didn't work because I can't technically press menu. It's kinda stuck. I couldn't press the buttons that are beside the LCD of the camera including menu. When I click it, it doesn't do anything.

I understand that you can't get to the menu to change anything. Do as USAFRet suggested and see if that works. One suggestion I saw in a Canon forum is to press the Info button several times to see if that will bring back the menu. Of course I understand that won't be possible if the Info button is not working as well.

Eliquetric_04

Prominent
Jul 26, 2017
The camera works, allows me to take photos, however the lcd won't turn On just stays black. So i have no view of what I'm taking photos off. The touch sensor works as it makes the usual noises and allows me to take photos touching. Any idea why the screen is getting no image at all, not even menu

Eliquetric_04

Prominent
Jul 26, 2017
Thank you for ur advices tho. I've been trying to post the question but I still haven't found where to post it in the canon community yet but I've seen cases like mine in there. I just haven't found the exact solution yet.