In need of some quality headphones

Xickle

Honorable
Apr 12, 2013
As the title says, I am in need of good quality headphones that I would use with my PC. I'm looking for good quality sound, full cover earpads, and possibly(not necessary) a microphone on the side of the headphones. I have a strong wish for wireless headphones, so I can move around more freely. I'd mostly use them for playing games and listening to music while relaxing or working out at home.

The best ones I've seen this far are the Sennheiser Momentum(sadly no wireless, or mic, small earpads, but great quality of sound and very beautiful), and the Astro a50(got the mic, wireless, a bit worse audio quality, some people love em, some hate em).

I'm looking for suggestions, so I can compare them with these. I would also appreciate information or your experiences with any high-end headphones/headsets.

Portuguesetechie

Honorable
Dec 5, 2013
I have a pair of Razer Kraken Pro, they have a built in fully rectractable mic, good sound quality, very confy, and a 2m cabble, they also have a mic splitter, had them for 6months, played online heavily, never heard complains on the sounds, got them for 57pounds
very good bang for the buck, they are also sexyy :p

$99 audiotechnica ath-m50s

+ either $8 zalman clip on, $30 mod-mic (attaches a boom to headphones) or another mic of your choice.

its not wireless (it does have a long cable though)
it doesnt have a mic (but you can add a mic onto it or use some sort of seperate mic)

but it does have the best sound you will hear anywhere under $200-250

Xickle

Honorable
Apr 12, 2013

I've got a Razer headset next to me right now. It's a Megalodon. Works fairly well, but I've been having some problems with it that I did not expect. For example it doesn't work when plugged into a USB 3.0, the mic is really(and I mean really) sensitive, and the 7.1 feature is just weird sometimes. They are comfortable tho. I like the way Razer products look, but I think I'll skip them this time. But still thanks for the suggestion!

Xickle

Honorable
Apr 12, 2013

I am intrigued by them, but in Europe they only sell red ones :(
It wouldn't fit very well with my full black & blue led setup I got going on. If only they came in black..

sora

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013

It should, I've used a Razer Piranha in standard audiojacks and although it is an old headset the quality was pretty good.

Xickle

Honorable
Apr 12, 2013

Oh I just looked at the audiotechnica shop in Europe. For some reason didn't think to look at amazon, so thanks for the link!
Though since they're not wireless or have a mic, I will look around some more and try to find ones that do have at least one of these features.