increase dedicated video memory

nikhiltiwari4456

Prominent
Jan 29, 2018
I need to increase dedicated video memory. I have intel is graphic of 2GB but on 32mb is being used. I have tried using registry editor but it does not work. Specs-
4GB ram, Intel Celeron dual core clocked to 2.2GHz. Plz help

Solution
Your laptop does not have any dedicated video memory, the Intel GPU shares memory with the system RAM.

The amount assigned to graphics is usually set in the BIOS Setup.

Be aware that if you assign 2GB to graphics, that will leave only 2GB for Windows - - - that will hardly be enough so your laptop will be even slower than usual.

Seriously, with only 4GB RAM installed, I wouldn't assign any more than 1GB to graphics.

If you were hoping to play some games on that laptop, forget it. No chance with only a Celeron processor and Intel GPU.
Your laptop does not have any dedicated video memory, the Intel GPU shares memory with the system RAM.

The amount assigned to graphics is usually set in the BIOS Setup.

Be aware that if you assign 2GB to graphics, that will leave only 2GB for Windows - - - that will hardly be enough so your laptop will be even slower than usual.

Seriously, with only 4GB RAM installed, I wouldn't assign any more than 1GB to graphics.

If you were hoping to play some games on that laptop, forget it. No chance with only a Celeron processor and Intel GPU.

Solution

das_stig

Distinguished
The bios will set a minimum, but the windows driver controls how much it will dynamically uses based on what system memory installed and what you are doing, within the driver, you can set how big the driver footprint remains in memory to either free system memory or boost performance a little.

I would purchase a cheap nvidia GT x30 video card, low power and will out perform the Intel GPU.