Increase in Ram for 3DS Max 2016 software.

sweetpeaerskine

Commendable
Oct 30, 2016
Just wondering if anyone could help me out with this please? I have autodesk 3ds max on my laptop but it seems to be running slowly. I am not techy minded in the least - could anyone suggest what would help increase the speed of my laptop please? It's a Samsung 355V with Quad Core and AMD Radeon Graphics and A10 Vision (none of which I have clue what it means)!! :??: Thank you!

Solution

I have an old Samsung q430, which I love, and have just upgraded the ram from the standard 4gb to 8gb and can now run photoshop cs5 at full whack. As it was intended.
It used to take over a minute just to load, now takes only 23 seconds. Quite the improvement, wouldn't you say?

The new ram cost just under £40 from amazon and took all of 2 minutes...

Jen_Sai

Commendable
Oct 30, 2016

I have an old Samsung q430, which I love, and have just upgraded the ram from the standard 4gb to 8gb and can now run photoshop cs5 at full whack. As it was intended.
It used to take over a minute just to load, now takes only 23 seconds. Quite the improvement, wouldn't you say?

The new ram cost just under £40 from amazon and took all of 2 minutes to install, no I'm not joking!
Check the highest ram spec your cpu can take, according to the manufacturer, and shop around.
There are videos that show you exactly how it's done and as ram doesn't store anything (process memory) it should not affect your programs and files ;)

Edit: Just to to clarify, I'm hardly a technological genius. I did research and install on my own and am very pleased with the results. I don't really know many computer builders anymore and can appreciate the frustration of knowing what you want to achieve but not perhaps how ^_^

Edit2: this is the site I found when researching how to upgrade my ram
www.mrmemory.co.uk
watched thier 2 minute video
checked the max recommended ram
then what was compatible and finally where was best value to buy.

Solution