India Becomes World Leader in Spam Output

Status
Not open for further replies.

aftcomet

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
E-Mail spam is nothing with all the filters out there. I'll get telemarketers/scammers calling my home from India by using Google Voice.

cats_Paw

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
I dont even remmber the last time i got a spam in the mail that wasent filtered (except in hotmail, but i think its actually hotmail who sends those as ads), so... why would i care?

agnickolov

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
While the development in India is certainly interesting, the article completely failed to elaborate on the rise of spam in Italy...

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
[citation][nom]xiaojie1[/nom]welcome to our website: ********************** etc etc[/citation]
What about forum spams? Can I would be curious to know the ranking of spam bots in other flavours than e-mail.

G

So if we nuke India. Will we decrease the spam emails recieved by 16.1% I wonder?

acyuta

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
Add unsolicited SMS sent on mobiles (property, health, insurance, or just a scam lottery) that is sent in India with the collusion of service providers and regulator. Then India's share would more than double. One really has to keep messaging on silent (no beep on receipt)

mayankleoboy1

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]this is really interesting, considering that most people in India live in huts and are very poor[/citation]

Sad but true. I wonder why so much hate on this post..... Is it hating to tell the truth here ?

makaveli316

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
I have gmail since 2006 maybe, never used a spam filter and i got no more than 10 spam emails in 6 years.
Just don't use your email everywhere, be smart with your choices and you'll be free of spam.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]Logion[/nom]So if we nuke India. Will we decrease the spam emails recieved by 16.1% I wonder?[/citation]
that just assures you will have to eat T virus genetically engineered food by nuking india.
on the plus side it makes the democrats plan to export food from the united states to balance the trade deficit with china a little more feasible until brazil ramps up it's agricultural production to fill in the void as most american crops are suffering frost & flooding/drought problems year after year now.

Status
Not open for further replies.