Infinite Startup Windows 10

Ericshell

Commendable
Nov 2, 2016
Hey all, I normally dont ask questions on this site, but a problem I am having right now has me really stumped.

I am using a not yet 1 year old, asus rog laptop and everytime I attempt to start it up I get either an infinite loading screen at the Asus logo (I have not yet been able to boot all the way to the windows logo). Or I sometimes get a "windows automatic repair" text that still results in an infinite loading screen. Now I believe the problem to be a lack of space in my opperating system partition, my problem being that I cannot get in there to fix this if my computer will not boot. Also I have attempted to disable xd-bit and it seems that my bios does not offer that option.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Solution
can you get into the bios at all? If you can do that, we can try to change boot order and use a win 10 installer to fix it. On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

I understand auto repair running, that is windows natural response to constant restarts at startup. If it only sometimes gets this far, there is something wrong with the hardware without even getting to loading windows. The auto repair thing would not happen if the PC started normally.

If laptop isn't a year old yet, I would get it repaired under warranty as if it can't even boot to windows consistently there is something wrong.

Colif

Distinguished
can you get into the bios at all? If you can do that, we can try to change boot order and use a win 10 installer to fix it. On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

I understand auto repair running, that is windows natural response to constant restarts at startup. If it only sometimes gets this far, there is something wrong with the hardware without even getting to loading windows. The auto repair thing would not happen if the PC started normally.

If laptop isn't a year old yet, I would get it repaired under warranty as if it can't even boot to windows consistently there is something wrong.

Solution