Infocus TV Help

secarisma

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011
Hi:

Fired up my Infocus SP61MD10 yesterday evening and its got a Dark to Black shadow right in the middle of the screen. Lamp change does nothing for the problem. Anybody have any Idea what the problem is?

Thanx, Steve

frankcasara

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011
did you remedy the replacement of the lens in the light engine.. I am having that problem, everything I have read points to that, but I can't seem to figure out how to get to the lens that is causing this..

USAFRet

Illustrious
I know this is an old thread, but I had this exact issue.

Yes, down deep in the light engine, there is a small plastic lens. Apparently, the newer bulbs burn hotter than the original. And so melt this lens.
This is what is causing the black shadow centered on the screen. And it will only get worse.

The problem is...even if you can find a replacement lens and put it in, it will do exactly the same thing. Same plastic construction.

I managed to salvage mine by splicing in a glass lens. I carefully cut out the melted part, and found a small magnifying lens of about the same size. Glued this new lens in, and it has worked for several years. The only problem is that the new lens is a degree or two off, and so the picture is slightly skewed onscreen.
But it was a free TV, so I had little to lose.

At this stage of the game I'd just get a new set. New ones that size are cheap enough to not bother trying to fix the SP61MD10.