Inline Microphone Issue

MasterMace

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2010
Windows 7 64bit
Realtek Audio drivers
Beats Solo HD

I got these headphones as a gift. They've go an inline mic. Naturally, I needed to get a splitter for it to work on my PC. After 4 tries, and a driver update, I got one that worked. Used it all of last night with no issue. Today, I found my microphone was no longer working. So I reinstalled the audio drivers, and they are working again. Curious, I wanted to find out -why- they stopped working. The only thing I could think of was buttons on the inline mic. So I clicked it, and tada, microphone is not working again. I figure that it's probably a mute button. I clicked it again, and it still doesn't work.

I tried checking settings to see if it got muted somewhere, and nothing has changed. Without reinstalling the drivers every time this button is clicked, how do I get it to work again?

-------------------------
Checked to see if I was receiving something else as an input instead of my mic, and it was pulling the sound that I was hearing to the microphone. Changed some settings in the RealTek Audio Manager and got it to stop pulling sound from what I was listening to. Now I get nothing coming through.

(originally posted in the wrong section)