Insignia Flex 8" Tablet Slow OS

furywolf1346

Estimable
Jan 25, 2016
So a couple of months ago I finally got to install the new update for my Insignia Flex 8" Tablet to Kit Kat 4.4.2. But apparently for some reason it has been working extremely slow, and its performance has greatly dropped. I thought this might be happening to everyone after installing this update, but it turns out that my friend who also updated his to Kit Kat works perfectly fine and there are no problems with it. I believe there might be a problem in the OS, if so, does anyone know how I can reinstall it? Thank you

Solution
It's a generic "quad core" processor. So...
1) It's absolutely expected that the tablet has poor performance. And KK is more intensive than jelly beans.
2) There's no way to downgrade to other OSes, especially when I don't know what SoC it has.

Though you can try to factory reset the device.

okcnaline

Honorable
Herald
Nov 17, 2013
It's a generic "quad core" processor. So...
1) It's absolutely expected that the tablet has poor performance. And KK is more intensive than jelly beans.
2) There's no way to downgrade to other OSes, especially when I don't know what SoC it has.

Though you can try to factory reset the device.

Solution

furywolf1346

Estimable
Jan 25, 2016

Ok I'll try to factory reset it but I know someone who has the same exact tablet, the Insignia Flex 8" and it's running on KK and it works perfectly fine for them, but not for me, and how come? Is there a way to reinstall the drivers on it? Thanks