Insignia Plasma hd tv cracked screen

Raymond Whitaker

Honorable
Sep 13, 2013
I got a 42 inch plasma that was cracked by a neighbors kid with a wii remote. they gave me the tv after this and I want to see if I can get a replacement screen and it work fine or is a plasma screen replacement hopeless? It turns on but the display obviously doesn't do anything.

Solution
It would almost certainly cost more to fix it than to replace it.

Can the screen be replaced? Maybe. If you can find the exact same one. Insignia is a catchall brand, and not necessarily standard across model lines. They are made by several different manufacturers.

And if you can find the exact one....can you replace it? Only you know for sure.

If it were me, I might look around for an exact same TV, but with a different problem. Bad circuit board, maybe. Merge the two into one.

Have you talked to any local TV repair guys?

USAFRet

Illustrious
It would almost certainly cost more to fix it than to replace it.

Can the screen be replaced? Maybe. If you can find the exact same one. Insignia is a catchall brand, and not necessarily standard across model lines. They are made by several different manufacturers.

And if you can find the exact one....can you replace it? Only you know for sure.

If it were me, I might look around for an exact same TV, but with a different problem. Bad circuit board, maybe. Merge the two into one.

Have you talked to any local TV repair guys?

Solution

janyingping

Honorable
Nov 14, 2013
great. I might look around for an exact same TV, but with a different problem. Bad circuit board, maybe. Merge the two into one.thanks
gg