Inspiron 7559 using half iGPU power, and half dGPU power

realjoshengler

Prominent
Dec 28, 2017
When playing games, I noticed that my iGPU is under load, as well as my dedicated card, when the game is running on the dGPU. It shows in the game that it is using the dGPU, and there is a significant difference in fps when it does show that is is using the dGPU compared to when it isn't, so I know it is not because I have not told the program to use the dGPU. I am wondering why it is using both, and if one is able to make it only use the dGPU and not the iGPU, as I think it is slowing my game down. The only game I have seen this is Minecraft 1.8.9.

Specs:
Inspiron 7559, i7 6700hq, GTX 960m 4GB, 4K touchscreen, 8 GB ram, windows 10.
I have linked a screenshot that shows my problem
http://

Solution
because with an optimus solution, the dGPU does the heavily lifting but all display outputs are handled by the iGPU, it's literally connected to the panel, the dGPU is not.

So it still has to work for a living while you game, just not as hard as if you were trying to game on it.

Mark RM

Estimable
Jul 16, 2014
because with an optimus solution, the dGPU does the heavily lifting but all display outputs are handled by the iGPU, it's literally connected to the panel, the dGPU is not.

So it still has to work for a living while you game, just not as hard as if you were trying to game on it.

Solution